We have been retained by a national manufacturing company located in Jacksonville, Fl to find the best for this current Engineering Manager position. You will love the location, the people, the pay, the work and quality of life.
WE WILL RELOCATE FOR PERMANENT POSITIONS
Is this you???
Summary: Work under the administrative direction of the Director of Engineering. Responsible for the technical and administrative leadership of multiple departments. Highly knowledgeable in planning, organizing and directing of departmental work activity to support company business objectives. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate detailed resource plans and processes to implement solutions to engineering problems that impact program cost and schedule.
- Is responsible for maintaining and allocating personnel resources to programs, other departments or other business groups.
- Evaluate, technically and financially, innovative technologies to support business profitability.
- Act as a change agent and drive new technologies into the business.
- Manage a technical team in executing the program plan to ensure all work is completed within time, quality and cost schedule and execute to an WBS structure.
- Delegate work assignments, provide effective coaching and technical guidance of directs, and communicate, as necessary, with all levels of management, customers and subcontractors on the program team.
- Manage vendor statement of work (SOW) deliverables including preparation of vendor instructions.
- Generate department(s) goals and objectives that align with those of the IPT teams, business leaders and customer requirements.
- Conduct, at a minimum, an annual review with employees to review/evaluate performance on current goals and objectives; manage the employees’ development and training plan.
- Implement and manage a risk management process in support of program goals and company business objectives.
- Prepare proposals and act as principal investigator and/or program manager on engineering projects.
- Provide technical briefings and design reviews to management and customers; submit periodic progress reports.
- Assist in the preparation of program cost and schedule planning and departmental manpower planning budgets.
- Prepare and implement departmental training plans consistent with company business objectives.
- Manage other departments for a short-term duration, as required.
- Possesses knowledge and proficiency in the following CAD/CAM systems including: CATIA, UG, MasterCAM, SurfCAM, DNC environments, MRP, HMS CAPP, LEICA/FARO non-contact measurement, Tool Design for detail and assembly applications, and Visual work instruction generation.
- Employ leanengineering principles.
- Interface with contacts in government and in industry to develop new projects, programs; create and nurture technical collaborations in support of new business development.
- Interface with the legal department on patents, infringements, non-disclosure agreement.
- Have ability to obtain/maintain security clearance, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field.
- 10 to 15years of progressive experience in the applicable engineering field, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field such as Aerospace, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering.
- 1 to 2 years graduate level work leading to a Master’s degree or equivalent learning experience, preferable.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities in the following areas:
- CAD/CAM Design
- NC Programming
- Tool Design
- Manufacturing Execution System
- Work Instruction (graphics based)
- Configuration Management
- Liaison Engineering
- Material Review Board