About the Role
You will lead a global team of cross-functional engineers to deliver world-class, customer-centric digital experiences. You will also drive efficiencies in our processes, our tools, and our automations. In doing so, you will take a data-driven approach to measuring your team’s success and processes..
The team strives to be ego-free and motivated only by building the best software for our users. We seek to understand the "why" behind the "what". We regularly break out into small teams to tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow.
IZEA is headquartered in Orlando, Florida but operates as a fully remote company with engineers located in multiple countries. Candidates must be comfortable with a remote workforce and may have to travel to Florida a few times each year.
IZEA is headquartered in Orlando, Florida though the company is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19. Ideal candidates would be located in the Orlando area, or a short plane flight away. We would prefer the ability for engineering leaders to meet in person as needed in the future. Candidates must be very comfortable with a remote workforce, as all engineering personnel are currently 100% remote and living in different cities.
Due to this being a work-from-home opportunity it is posted in multiple locations, however, there is currently only one opening.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a global team of cross-disciplined engineers by providing vision and role clarity, leadership, coaching, training and accountability.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies; facilitate communication between parallel initiatives.
- Effectively navigate the organization and communicate with various functions including (but not limited to) Product, Sales, Finance, Success to gather requirements and ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Ensure your team builds scalable and highly available applications with the customer at the center.
- Raise the bar for technical excellence and people management practices.
- Contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the team.
- Advocate for and champion your team by encouraging their shared ownership and understanding of the product(s) and their workflows, listening and considering bottom-up input, and sharing and celebrating successes.
- Proactively collaborate with product teams to resolve any blocking issues and ensure timely delivery.
- Be an advocate for the vision of our product team.
- Function as a scrum master for your team by facilitating daily standups, resolving blocked tasks, assisting with sprint planning and estimation, and hosting retrospectives.
What we're looking for...
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience in fast-paced software development environments.
- 3+ years actively mentoring and directly managing software engineers.
- Experience leading an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level.
The following additional qualifications will be highly valued:
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Proficiency in developing, operating, and scaling cloud-native applications.
- Experience managing your reports remotely across multiple timezones.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM or similar).
- Familiarity with our technology stack, including Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Ember.js.
- Proven experience building direct-to-consumer, self-service SaaS applications.
- Self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technical details with your team to driving alignment with other product engineering leaders and external stakeholders.
- Naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies and methodologies.
- Not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities.