- Ensures capital projects are executed safely and installed equipment is safe and meets company polices.
- Maintains capital organization with adequate resources to execute facility capital plan.
- Manages performance, training and development of mill capital engineers and construction coordinators.
- Ensures implementation of Capital Global Manufacturing System Element
- Establishes standard processes to plan, prioritize, develop and implement capital projects. Follows the company project delivery process.
- Ensures mill meets all deadlines associated with business capital planning schedules.
- Ensures company financial policy requirements are followed for the approval of capital expenditures.
- Establishes and maintains 5-year facility capital plan through collaboration with mill leaders.
- Establishes and adjusts capital spending plan to meet mill needs and corporate funding levels.
- Maintains facility spending plan in the Unifier Portfolio Manager.
- Ensures project budgets are established and tracked to avoid over-runs.
- Ensures project scopes, schedules and budgets are managed to meet project objectives.
- Shares responsibility with EHS Manager to develop regulatory projects
- Shares responsibility with Manufacturing Excellence Manager to develop cost reduction and strategic projects.
- Shares responsibility with Mill Reliability Leader and ReliabilityEngineering Managers to develop maintenance projects.
- Stays current on company requirements and processes for capital planning, development and implementation.
- Ensures standard processes are documented, communicated and practiced to improve the safety, reliability, quality of capital projects.
- Shares responsibility with Global Sourcing for developing capital project purchasing strategies.
- Manages relationships with contractengineering companies to leverage required resources.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with company technology SME resources, regional capital manager and business capital manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience with 5 years required as a project manager in heavy manufacturing industry. Preferably pulp and paper.
- Previous leadership experiencepreferred.
- Project management experience with budgets greater than or equal to $5 million.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willing to work overtime on shutdowns or to meet objectives.
- Broad Paper Mill Equipment knowledge
- Pulp & Paper Manufacturing Industry experience
- Construction sequence and management
- Project Estimating
- Front End Loading Process
- Proficient with Value improving practices
- Capital project planning and execution
- Prioritization: Determine the proper sequence of work by focusing on the most important and urgent
- Computer Software Proficiency: MS Office
- Professional Engineering registration not required, but is desirable.
Physical Demands/ Working Environment:
- Must be able to wear all requiredsafety equipment.
- Individual must be able to wear allrequiredsafety equipment.
- Noise levels in excess of 90 dB.
- Heat in excess of 100°F occasionally.
- Required to walk, stand, and climb stairs for durations at a time.