Condé Nast is seeking a strong Engineering Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our platform infrastructure teams, including our internal PaaS built on Kubernetes and AWS using Java and React. The manager will be responsible for managing several managers, guiding architectural decision-making, and shaping the technical vision. The Platform Infrastructure team has ownership of the container build system, runtime platform, and the cloud infrastructure on which it runs. We leverage open-source technologies such as Jenkins and Kubernetes atop Amazon Web Services. We are passionate about self-service infrastructure and build software in Java, TypeScript, and React that allows other developers to deploy to the container platform without worrying about the intricacies of container technologies.
- Manage day-to-day operations (standups, sprint meetings, etc) of the platform infrastructure engineering team
- Be a strong contributor to product discussion and direction
- Manage the hiring pipeline for the team as we scale
- Lead and participate in architectural discussions within the team as well as the wider community of architects and engineering leaders in Condé Nast Engineering
- Foster productive collaboration between disparate functions, teams, and departments within Condé Nast
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
- Experience with administering Amazon Web Services or similar cloud providers
- Experience with Containers and Container Schedulers
- Experience designing and implementing scalable web application architecture
Why work with us?
- We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits
- Smart, passionate co-workers who love to teach and love to learn
- Whatever hardware and software you need to be productive
- A functional, well-disciplined product management organization
- Big change is happening at Condé Nast, and this is a great time to be a part of it!