JOB DESCRIPTION: ENGINEERING MANAGER sought by a major manufacturer of Agricultural Equipment for its Hutchinson, Kansas manufacturing 300 employee Operation. The ENGINEERING MANAGER is responsible for the Design & Development of new Products & the Enhancement of existing Product Lines. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the ENGINEERING MANAGER will manage 10 employees including such functions as Design Engineers, Product Test Engineers, Technical Drafters, Tool Designers. Job functions include:
- Organize & direct New Product Development Teams.
- Promote ?best practices? amongst Teams across all Departments.
- Drive the Training for Process, Tools, Automation, Continuous Improvement.
- Monitor all Projects as to Expenditures, Research Findings, Progress Reports, Staff Conferences. Inform key Management of each Project?s current status.
- Ensure the MRP System is maintained.
- Select, develop/train Supervisory Staff.
- BS EngineeringDegree.
- Minimum 5years?experience in Design or Product Engineeringexperience.
- Experience with Heavy Metal fabrication. Frame design and experience with Welding of Square Tubing, Cast Molding, Painting, Assembly are a plus.
- Proficient operation of 3D CAD System Creo/PDM preferred.
- Working knowledge of Statistics, Mechanics of Materials, Dynamics, Kinematics