$80K — $100K *
WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs by allowing them to search our database of companies and hundreds of thousands of reviews. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by ANGI Homeservices Inc., the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
HomeStars embraces and celebrates the uniqueness within our work community. We believe our greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of mindsets, backgrounds, and experiences. The HomeStars organization is committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our employees feel welcome, comfortable, and have the opportunity to thrive.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
- To lead and develop a team of highly creative and collaborative developers, while working closely with our product team on different initiatives
- Ability to provide leadership as the team grows, while driving products and technical solutions
- Be a champion of engineering best practices across the team
- Provide constructive feedback to the team, to ensure objectives are met, and career growth is top of mind
- Someone who can help drive technical pieces and ensure technology is set up well
- Assistance with the preparation and documentation of software requirements
- Be able to identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date
- Continuously keeping up to date with product, process and technology changes important to the team
- Someone who understands and practices agile software development and management
- Be able to ensures team deliverables are monitor-able, reliable and highly available
ABOUT OUR STACK:
- React, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
- Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, EC2, Elasticsearch, Amazon Aurora MySQL, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with the JSON API Specifications
- Experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with web sockets
- Full stack experience with Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Python Flask, or React
- Experience with leading recruiting efforts and determine headcount for their team
Our Engineering Values:
- Seek to Understand and Be Understood
- Make User Driven, Data Informed Decisions - Think Big, Ship Small, to Maximize Learning
- Champion Belonging and Wellness for Everyone - Take Responsibility to Build Sustainably
- Commit to Continuous Learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Valid through: 11/9/2020