Responsibilities include the functional management of the Software Engineering department for Harris’ Geospatial Business Unit in Melbourne, FL. This position is focused on leading an experienced team of Software Engineers in support of Programs and Pursuits.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading an organization of approximately 80 Engineering employees. This includes supervision and leading of the Software Engineering organization including planning, development, and execution of all tasking on projects, pursuits, and programs. The Engineering Manager will also provide coaching and leadership development for direct staff of Group Leaders as well as for the entire department.
- Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, retention, and overall management of Engineering department / function.
- Provide staffing for programs, pursuits, and internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.) within Geospatial for all Software Engineering needs.
- Meet functional organization and business AOP budgets.
- Advance Software Engineeringtechnologies as appropriate to ensure tools, processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to Geospatial
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
- Main POC for Geospatial quarterly resource capacity inputs, capital inputs for IRAD portfolio, and main interface for Rainier, IRAD portfolio, and Commercial Innovations BA.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field with 10+ years of experience or equivalent
- Experience in Engineering leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead, IPT Lead, PE)
- Active Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in a Software Leadership role
- 5 years’ experience with Engineering tools and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external organizations
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation skills
- High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team members
- Proactively seek feedback and initiative to continually improve