Engineering Manager - Growth
at Capsule (View all jobs)
New York, NY
Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ need and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead high performing engineering teams across the Growth Team Product Organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of talented Software Engineers at various experience levels owning a critical part of the Capsule Platform.
- Partner with the Product Management team to help define the roadmap and support with technical design, work-breakdown, implementation, testing and deployment of features.
- Partner with the Product Management team in Sprint ceremonies such as Standup, Sprint Planning & Sprint retrospectives. Perform 25% - 50% hands-on technical work, whether it is sharing stories on the sprint to help accelerate the team or prototyping new ideas to best guide the team.
- Conduct regular 1-1s with their direct reports, drive career conversations and own the overall health & engagement of their team.
- As part of the Engineering leadership group, you will also contribute to broader organizational initiatives such as Engineering off-sites, Engineering All-Hands, Engineering Hiring Processes - Interviews, Debriefs, Candidate calls, etc.
- You have 8+ years of industry experience building reliable web applications.
- You have experience with Service-Oriented Architecture.
- You have a strong understanding of best-of-class front end architecture and tooling.
- You have 1+ years of managing engineering teams.
- You have experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as Product Managers, Designers & other domain experts.
- Typescript, React-Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Swift
- Service-oriented architecture, Rest APIs
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, ge