As an Engineering Manager on Cash, you will build teams, products, and services that are inspiring, meaningful and will fundamentally change the financial system we know today. You will be responsible for technical architecture, growing the team, ensuring collaboration across a multiple of disciplines and providing support to individuals through your mentorship and leadership skills.
Working alongside our Product Managers and Designers you will help to shape the Advertising Team's roadmap, connect customers with messages and products that are most important to them, and scale the advertising infrastructure/product alongside our growing customer base. Overall, the Advertising Team is responsible for accelerating the growth of Cash App via: notifications, cross-sell, up-sell, triggers, customer targeting, personalization winback, and churn/retention programs.
We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we're looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team's vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers' needs
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
- Hold your teammates—and yourself—to high engineering standards
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience directly managing engineers (including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members)
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
- Strong self-motivation to learn and grow
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning