The Network Operations Provisioning Support (NOPS) team is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting applications used by Network Operations to enhance quality, accuracy and speed of services provided to Frontier ‘s customers and business partners. Applications include both those built within NOPS as well as those based on vendor supplied solutions. NOPS works closely with Network Operations Process Support and IT to establish and support solutions for key initiatives of the organization.
The position of Manager of Network Operations Provisioning Support has the task of understanding and aligning business needs to system capabilities. The position will assess various technical solutions and choose an appropriate and viable option to implement based on available resources.
- Manage a team of highly skilled and proficient developers
- Prioritize and allocate team resources based upon the needs of the business.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understand of the Frontier application stack Architect, design, and build applications utilizing modern concepts and technologies
- Maintain documentation of application architecture and development (architecture, design, and user guide)
- Engage directly with users to understand business processes
- Create proof of concepts to validate and drive design decisions for network automation
- Implement new and modify existing integrations to Frontier’s network to automate provisioning and design functions
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of management experience within the telecom industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline is preferred.
- Experience in Telecommunications or related industry that relies on complex interactions between software and the network
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others, and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical instructions
- Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Strong understanding backlog management, product roadmap, scrum, Kanban, Git and CI/CD.
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Layer 2 / Layer 3 data networking
- Familiarity with basic TDM concepts and Telephony networking
- Strong knowledge of networking and operating systems concepts, data structures and algorithms
- Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Proficient with PHP, Perl, Python or another scriptinglanguage
- Basic understanding of Layer 2/3 routing protocols and TCP/IP
- Proficient knowledge of Frontier systems
- M6, DPI, LCAM, Vxfield, NEEDS
- Proficient with databases, Informix, DB2, MS-SQL and strong SQL knowledge.
- Strong understanding of REST and SOAP API
- Knowledge of Linux administration
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Jira, Confluence