The Engineering Manager is responsible for all product development and sustaining activities for the assigned product groups. This includes hardware, firmware and software design, as well as engineering services. The Engineering Manager will lead the activities of a design organization in the development of new products, components, and systems. The position provides strategic direction and tactical planning for new product development, project management and manufacturability issues.
- Manage internal and external resources to meet project demands.
- Streamline and manage product customization efforts.
- Create and implement tools and processes that improve time-to-market, product quality, manufacturability and customer satisfaction with Qualitrol products.
- Develop the capabilities of the R&D division to provide sufficient technical resources and bench strength to generate new product development and legacy product support.
- Provide technical assistance to Customers and Sales as required.
- Initiate new product models, derivatives, and specials as necessary to meet agreed upon customer needs.
- Reviews new designs during the development phase and prior to the issuance of production drawings. Recommends modifications where advisable to minimize cost and conform to production capabilities and limitations.
- Determines methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to improve ease of manufacturing. Develops and ensures robust engineering processes in accordance with ISO and FDA requirements.
- Performs duties in accordance with establish quality standards.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be required.
- BS in Engineering required, MBA or MS Engineering preferred
- Proven success in management and design
- 5+ years of leadership experience, managing development organizations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel
- Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of systems, hardware and software
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement tools
- Strong sense of urgency (to get things accomplished)