$150K — $200K *
Welcome to our team!
OK International is part of the Dover Engineered Products segment of the Dover Corporation. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV."
We are looking for a strong Engineer Manager who is also an experienced Electrical Engineer that can drive and guide a cross-functional team with enthusiasm, optimism, and tenacity. By taking initiative, managing R&D activities, planning, designing (electrical / mechanical), identifying and mitigating issues to ensure the new products perform as specified, meet schedule, cost target and ease of production, the Engineer Manager plays a critical role in New Product Development.
• Manage a team of 6-10 electrical and mechanical engineers
• Drives project progress by following and re-enforcing NPI phase gate process
• Identify and recommend improvements to NPI process.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Directly performs electrical design tasks (Electrical design using Cadence OrCAD/Spice/PCB Editor/Allegro)
• Conduct design review with ME, EE, SE and PM to ensure new products meet specification
• Work closely with project manager to drive successful project completion and meet schedule
• Ensure NPI meets product / project cost, and margin requirement
• Work closely with quality, production, and supply chain to ensure new product is manufacturable with high quality and first pass yield
• Engages internal resources to ensure fulfillment of the projects. This will include gaining commitments from functional leaders for the needed resource allocations
• Have experience in creating and maintaining schedules
• Leads weekly project meetings coordinating cross functional team member’s tasks and due dates
• Performs relevant tasks directly.
• Identifies and manages changes to project scope.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
10+ year experience in electrical design role
10+ year experience as an Engineer Manager
Hands-on experience with both analog and digital design
Understand in-depth class E and C RF power supplies
Understand in-depth amplifier design
Familiar with UL499, CSA22.2, IEC61010, ED55014 and EN61000 standards
Proven experience managing R&D activities with successful completion.
Proficient with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office programs.
An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
An ability to influence across a broader organization
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Excellent oral and written skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer from an ABET accredited program (EAC).
Master’s degree and/or PMP certification is a plus.
Valid through: 11/16/2021