At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We're looking for technical Manager/Director to lead our rapid expanding Veeva Nitro platform engineering team, to develop our scalable, high performance Analytic + ETL platform. Veeva Nitro, recognized as the industry's first turnkey Life Sciences data warehouse solution, is changing the industry as the innovative analytic solution, acquiring data from a wide variety of Veeva applications, 3rd party service providers, and industry data sources to give our pharma customer a complete, end to end picture of their commercial life sciences universe.
For this role, we need strong software engineering leaders with management expertise, experienced in data management solutions, recruiting in fast growth environment, motivational skills to drive innovation, maintain accountability.
This is a great opportunity to get in early, drive innovation on our data management platform to deliver metadata driven analytics integrated with our Life Sciences solutions. If you're a great leader looking todevelop innovative solutions, seeking fast pace, rapidly growing company, check us out.
What You'll Do
- Lead development of complex data acquisition + analytics platform, including ETL Services, Data Pipeline, Metadata Management, Application Connectors
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high performance individuals to drive innovation
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows
- Work in an agile, small team environment
- Collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Supporting customer issues and new opportunities from the field
- 2+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process
- 5+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Experience managing development in large scale data management architectures and pipelines
- Experience managing cloud based application development tools, service oriented architectures, distributed systems
- Strong communication skills
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience managing cloud based SaaS frameworks + solutions
- Strong RBMSdata centric experience (large scale RDBMS, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake)
- Experience w/ large scale big data pipeline – ETL / Kafka / Spark / MapReduce
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily