Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and hands-on data engineering manager who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will be leading a team of talented software engineers, interacting with stakeholders and leaders across all functions in the company to design, build, and operate our data infrastructure while scaling to meet Roblox’s astronomical growth. You will innovate and solve problems that have not been solved before.
- 5 or more years experience in technical leadership with the desire to mentor a team of data engineers. This is a hands-on position where you are working side by side with your team.
- Multiple years of experience in Java and a strong foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with big data frameworks such as map/reduce, spark and associated tools (hive, pig, sqoop, etc)
- Effective with demonstrated skills working with NoSQL stores, columnar data stores and relational data stores
- Proficient with modern cloud computing platforms such as AWS and GCP, micro-services architectures, lambda architectures, real-time data processing etc.
- Passionate about processing big data sets and leveraging Machine Learning, AI to deliver insight
- Design, build and operate the next-generation data ingestion, integration, and interaction pipelines that are infinitely scalable and highly performant
- Build Infrastructure to harvest billions of events to gain operational and business insight into the performance and optimization of the Roblox platform
- Build complex production-quality algorithms and data pipelines that mine large data sets and deliver unparalleled insights to the business
- Work closely with product, engineering and business leads in generating dashboards, reports and summary data that automatically describes platform behavior
- You will hire, coach, mentor and lead the next generation of Roblox data engineering talent
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.