Job ID: NOB001962
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single-tooth to fully edentulous indications. Nobel Biocare offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your effort and achievements.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for introducing new product and processes to the Yorba Linda site, validation of new and existing processes and equipment, maintaining product configurations, ownership of the ECO/MCO process and maintaining surface treatment equipment to minimize downtown and scrap.
Accountabilities – Should cover the following:
- The New Product & Process Engineering Manager is accountable for:
- Working closely with GRPD on new product introductions to assure the products are introduced on time, problems are minimized and communicated quickly, and products are manufactured efficiently.
- Introducing major new process changes and process equipment, including specifying the equipment, validating it, and transferring it into production.
- Maintaining the product configuration, and establishing the configuration for new products.
- Maintaining the Master Validtion Plan, and (re)validating process equipment.
- Validating outside suppliers, and validating tooling (i.e. molds) owned by Nobel Biocare.
- Understanding and maintaining the ECO/MCO process.
- Making improvements and maintaining production equipment and processes to reduce downtime, improve yield, productivity and quality.
- Supporting DBS, and participating in and leading kaizen events, particularly SMED, TPM, and DM.
- Working on CAPAs as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Directly supervises engineers and technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent field of study; additional education or certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of 5years of experience in product and process validation, machining and surface treatment processes, and medical device regulations.
Critical Experience:At least 5 years of experience in a similar role managing people and projects, working with automated equipment in a high-volume manufacturing environment, and operating in a regulated manufacturing environment. Knowledge of ECO, product configuration, and ERP systems.Possess project management, good written and verbal, team building, leadership, organization, attention to detail, and computer skills.
Nobel Biocare is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.