Job ID: KAV003001
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
The Engineering Manager manages the engineering and maintenance teams and work with manufacturing team to develop and execute strategies on for manufacturing reliability. Works on both technical and organizational projects to increase operating profit.
- Manages engineering team
- Direct supervision of hourly employees in the maintenance areas
- Project manager for large teams
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with Quality, Production, R&D and Sustaining to develop and execute the site’s plan for moving new products from R&D to Manufacturing. Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing, Design for Cost, Design for Supply Chain etc.
- Work to establish KPIs tied to repeat quality issues, equipment down time, cycle time for NCRs, ECOs etc. and lead initiative to
- Decrease quality non-conformances for the site year over year
- Improve OTD, Manufacturing FPY and Productivity
- Reduce the incidence of repeat NCRs working with other stakeholders in the organization
- Reduce response time on NCRs, ECO etc., to improve Manufacturing Value Stream
- Implement Process Control in Manufacturing vis use of cp, cpk and other SPC tools and methods
- Preforms process FMEA’s for process problems and manages implementation of risk countermeasures
- Use of A3 process to identify root-cause for quality failures and sets up design of experiments to address root-causes
- Manages execution of production CAPA’s
- Manages overall execution of process in support of quality system and documentation of changes through ECO process
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with FDA regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO 13485:2003
- Responsible for VAVE project planning and execution to improve productivity and commercial goals
- Drive Variable Cost Productivity Projects
- Enable and lead excellence in Project Management
- Develops white paper and capital appropriation request
- Manages contract execution and technical milestone development
- Experience working with FDA, CAPA systems, validation, and regulated industries
- Improve Manufacturing Equipment Availability and lead Automation projects by applying a data driven, continuous improvement mindset
- Establish KPIs tied to equipment downtime, project completion and lead improvements initiatives
- Have good understanding of Design for Maintainability and implement the same in Automation Projects
- Implement Robust Preventative Maintenance Strategies
- Responsible for the equipment availability and uptime, and associate absorption
- Continuously progresses towards developing more lean tools, individually and developing the team
- Use lean tools such as daily management and kaizen (5S, SW, Kanban, etc.)
- Maintains high quality standards and compliance throughout the areas while practicing GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). Maintain GMP training records.
- Works with other functions to create high quality product, on-time, while minimizing inventory
- Works with the quality department to reduce external and internal defects
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or other Technical field.
- Four to ten years engineering supervisionexperience.
- Experience solving technical problems in Manufacturing, Product transfer of new products from R&D, Sustaining of commercialized products.
- Experience in tackling quality non-conformances, low yield in Manufacturing, executing projects to make significant changes in safety, quality, lead-time, and productivity.
- Two to five years’ related project management experience and experience driving productivity products.
- Masters degree in Engineering or other technical field.
- Experience in Manufacturing and Medical Devices Industry a plus.
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma is desirable.
- Understanding of Reliability and Maintainability tool and methods
- Experience with Condition Monitoring and Data Acquisition a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.