Manager, Systems & Software Engineering
This hands-on-Manager has responsibility for a multi-discipline group that is responsible for the concept, design, and validation of embedded systems. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation and evaluation of assigned staff. Directs the assignment of the group to development of system requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple phases, makes decisions and recommendations that have impact on engineering and related activities of the division.
Responsibilities and Expertise
- Responsible for defining, supervising, and developing the engineering roles within the organization
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiency gains through innovation in design methodology, process, and strategic development tools
- Guide root cause analysis efforts, if needed, and collect and document findings
- Serves as the manager of a specific function of the engineering unit. Ensures adequate resources are available for projects, standard tools are available to perform tasks, and creating and monitoring processes
- Hands on ability to provide guidance if the team is not able to meet schedules
- Proven technical leadership and personnel management skills
- A thorough understanding of system and software design processes
- Experienced with embedded real-time OS (e.g. VxWorks, Linux)
- Experienced with deployed military electronics using COTS electronics (e.g. VPX)
- Familiarity with design for manufacturing processes and techniques
- Familiarity with design for rugged environments
- Experience with developing basis of estimates for estimating engineering effort
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with the latest industry technologies, such as VPX, Gen 3 PCI Express, 40GE Ethernet, 40Gb Infiniband, USB 3.0, DDR, 4 memory, etc.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering, Master's preferred.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.