At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.Job TitleEngineering ManagerWork LocationGilbert, AZJob DescriptionThe Opportunity | Manager, Engineering
The Manager, Engineering manages a major function of the engineering activities for the reporting unit with budget responsibility for the engineering functions managed. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation and evaluation of assigned staff. Directs the development of system requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple phases, makes decisions and recommendations that have impact on engineering and related activities of the division.
- Responsible for defining, supervising, and developing the engineering roles within the organization
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiency gains through innovation in design methodology, process, and strategic development tools
- Responsible for programming, executing, and supervising engineering design, construction, installation and/or ongoing engineering support of facilities, systems, and technical policies and procedures for the assigned engineering function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering, Master's preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years industry experience
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience with developing procedures, team building, and project management.Hands on ability to provide guidance if the team is not able to meet schedules
- Proven technical leadership and personnel management skills
- Familiarity with design for manufacturing processes and techniques