Condé Nast is looking for an experienced engineering manager to join and help us build the next generation of our digital products. You will work closely with our product teams and help lead engineering teams in their shared mission to scale out and globalize our internal platform. These teams' focus spans many types of products essential to both editors and other engineers including content production tools and APIs that enable other engineers to create engaging experiences. Your work will drive the future of Condé Nast's digital strategy in today's publishing market and reach our millions of readers around the world.
- Manage a team of 3-5 engineers in the creation and iteration of both API and UI-focused products
- Help advance the careers of those that report to you by growing their technical skill-sets, identifying their strengths/weaknesses and working with them to grow
- Ensure the completion and success of projects by helping plan and manage
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in defining project scope and deliverables
- Mentor other engineers in engineering best practices, including architecture and design patterns
- Identify and improve code and usability performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Helping us grow and expand our engineering teams
What We Value
- 2 + years experience of people management with engineering teams of 3-5
- Led technical projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, from ideation through execution and maintenance
- Technical project management experience including identifying scope and key deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Experience with event sourcing paradigms and patterns a plus
- Intermediate to expert level fluency in at least 1 programing language
- Eager to learn about new technologies and implementing these ideas in a production environment
Things We Use Daily
- Data: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- APIs: GraphQL, gRPC
- Deployment: Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
- Source Control: Git, GitHub
Why Work With Us?
- We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits
- Smart, passionate, diverse co-workers who love to teach and love to learn
- Whatever hardware and software you need to be productive
- A functional, well-disciplined product development organization
- Neat space: Macbook Pros / PCs, standing desks, comfy chairs, open layout in a brand new office space. Lots of good food in the area!
- Big changes are happening in publishing and at Condé Nast, and this is a great time to be a part of it all!