$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
San Francisco, CA 94102
Industry: Consumer Technology•
Not Specified years
Posted 64 days ago
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking a leader to manage the feed conversations team that's responsible for the user-facing experiences of liking, reacting and commenting on posts & updates on the LinkedIn feed and across the Flagship ecosystem. These are highly available components operating at web scale, and a major piece of the user experience of our most active members. This person will play a critical role leading a talented team of engineers and collaborating closely with other partner teams working on important parts of the feed ecosystem. The ideal candidate has a strong tech background, and experience building, leading, and nurturing teams developing user experiences on iOS, Android and for the web. A passion for product engineering and operational excellence, and experience growing engineers is critical. This position is full-time and based in our San Francisco office.
• Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers - evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
• Build a roadmap and develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other teams and cross-functional leads
• Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for growth, action, and craftsmanship
• Collaborate closely with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
• Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our processes
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
• Successful track record of managing small and growing teams of engineers and project management skills.
• Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
• Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and with cross-functional partners.
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in software design.
• Deep experience building delightful, highly scalable products - web and/or mobile applications and their APIs - on top of distributed systems.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13