As a Engineering Manager for Cloud Developer Relations, you stand at the intersection of a technology movement shaping our world - between the people who build it and the customers who use it. We are the engineering wing of Developer Relations. We ensure that Google Cloud and related open source projects like Kubernetes, Beam and TensorFlow are amazing for developers. As "customer zero" we're the first developers to use upcoming services. We provide feedback on API design, platform consistency and functionality. We write sample code and work with our technical writing teams to produce developer documentation, quickstarts and tutorials. We release open source code, participate in developer forums and help troubleshoot developer problems.
Our job is to ensure that every Google Cloud product has an amazing developerexperience. As part of that, you will lead a team, who's responsible for producing client libraries for every Google Cloud Platform (GCP) API.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage a large, geographically distributed team of engineers, providing coaching, mentorship, and empowerment to enable their personal growth.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, quality, and success of Google Cloud's client libraries.
- Engage with external development communities to assess their needs and to use that information for product advocate and developerexperience improvements.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams throughout GCP to help create a stellar developerexperience for all our products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in hands-on technical leadership.
- 3 years of experience in people management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in people management.
- Experience building developer tooling, developing on a cloud computing platform, and contributing to open-sourced projects.
- Experience in full-stack or back-end application development.
- Experience in large-scale system design.