Chime is looking for an engineering leader to help manage and guide one of the technology groups responsible for powering our bank-account features, mobile applications, platforms, service architecture, and third-party integrations. This team is responsible for major components of new feature development and the scalability of Chime’s infrastructure as we accelerate our growth.
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to Identify bottlenecks in our existing software infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- Design, develop, test, and scale new and existing consumer product features.
- Build, lead and hire a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve these problems while being hands on. Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with team and individuals.
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals. Work very closely with the Product Managers to launch solutions for the users.
- Contribute to overall engineering initiatives as a member of Chime’s engineering leadership team.
- Have experience with our tech stack: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and Service Oriented Architectures.
- An experienced software engineer and an effective people manager.
- Interested in pushing the envelope to explore new technologies and architectures that can have a large return on investment.
- You enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work.
- Love to make a huge difference at a growing start-up.
- Ability to motivate a team through delivery on aggressive schedules and goals.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)