NORESCO creates solutions that meet each customer's individual needs, in many cases these design-build projects are self-funding through reduced energy, utility, or maintenance costs. It takes a unique combination of curiosity, creativity, collaboration, and technical ability to identify and engineer these types of solutions. We are looking for talented engineers that enjoy participating and contributing in a team environment and have several types of positions available throughout the United States.
The Engineering Manager is a senior level position reporting to the Vice President of Engineering and can include the option of managing and training direct reports and/or participating in our sales and development process. You will join a team of several dozen design engineers in an engineering-centric organization, NORESCO has over 150 in-house engineers from nearly every discipline.
Engineering Managers are key members of our project teams and are relied upon for strong technical leadership. Our project teams include representatives from multiple departments; Development, Analysis, Construction, M&V, Commissioning, and O&M. Engineering Mangers are engaged with multiple projects from initial development through construction and into operations.
- Overall engineering responsibility for a collaborative Design/Build process which leverages NORESCO technical expertise with external engineering, vendor, and subcontractor partners.
- Manage the final design and engineering process on assigned projects; Refine schedules, scopes, and budgets with project team, lead design review meetings and charrettes, track design submissions and customer approvals, ensure all elements of scope are accurately designed, documented, reviewed, and distributed to the project team for use during construction.
- Lead and manage the engineering process during project development; Site investigations, data collection, preparation of conceptual design documents (i.e. schematics, equipment selections, preliminary drawings, performance requirements, scopes of work, specifications, etc.).
- Support project pricing effort in partnership with NORESCO Construction department; Final bid packages, subcontractor qualification, subcontractor bid-walks, use of third-party consultants, bid reviews, value engineering, evaluation of life cycle and long-term service agreements, etc.
- Support project team during construction, commissioning, and performance phases to resolve design issues, document as-built conditions, and ensure performance objectives are met.
- Identify key customer interests, needs, and drivers. Review these with project team members to refine strategies and develop scopes that address these concerns in the proposed project.
- Manage, recruit, hire, train, and oversee development of entry and mid-level engineering staff.
- Support sales and development groups to prospect clients, audit customer facilities, participate in sales presentations, and develop technical write-ups for competitive proposal responses.
- Evaluate energy conservation measures through equipment or system modeling and analysis.
Required Experience, Education & Licensure:
- Minimum of 8-10 years related or relevant work experience (more is also welcome)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer's registration (or path to obtain one)
- High level communication, leadership, engineering, and project management skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, understands the importance of maintaining project schedules, resolving issues in a timely manner, and in consistently meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Graduate degree in engineering or business administration
- Strong interest in engaging clients, customers, and partners to grow relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more facets of engineering; design principles, technologies, energy optimization, utility rates, energy costs, applicable codes, design guides, and standards.
- Desire to build and maintain respectful and inclusive working relationships with individual project team members to foster an environment of cooperation and productivity.
- Robust combination of business acumen, risk management, and strategic thinking skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to identify errors, concerns, or ambiguities in documents.
- Eligible to obtain federal security clearance