The position has the responsibility to continuously improve the performance of the engineering department through the use of continuous incremental improvements principles, specific projects, functional employee development, and continual evaluation of performance over time. The position oversees the engineering, design, and quality assurance of mechanical, civil, and process piping (water, hydraulics, and pneumatics) and has the managerial responsibilities including department budgets, capital spending, employee performance and evaluation, process documentation, department directives and policy enforcement, and employee development.
This position is primarily responsible for:
• Planning and directing all aspects of mechanicalengineering activities
• Providing guidance and technical leadership to the mechanicalengineering team to design industrial electro-mechanical equipment
• Interfacing with customers and vendors to ensure product performance to customer specifications and to appropriate standards
• Managing the mechanicalengineering department’s internal and external resources, monitoring workloads, evaluating performance, and ensuring timely completion of assignments and commitments
• Providing Sales with application support, technical specification reviews, and engineering estimations
• Providing direction to manufacturing resources to resolve problems, develop process flow, alternate material selection, thermal and surface treatments
• Defining department budgets, oversee resource planning, and execution of key metrics
• Continually analyzing department processes for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
• Supplementing engineering resources to prepare mechanical design concepts, layouts, and detailed engineering to maintain project schedules
• Approving engineering documentation to ensure a professional grade product that is accurate and on time
• Working closely with Human Resource to coordinate and implement training to develop employees
Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience in a manufacturing environment.