- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Will work in a production capacity as required by project/staffing levels.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Manager is responsible for Food Safety and Quality – Follow company Quality Systems and implement Food Safety in the design and planning of projects for site development and operational improvements.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical, civil, agricultural, electrical, or chemical engineering required
At least 10 years of experience, in plant operations, maintenance and safety is required.
Proficiency with applicable computer software packages including AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
Knowledge of design codes and government regulations affecting the industry including NFPA 36, NFPA 61, OSHA and EPA is preferred.
Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and interest with strong problem solving skills.
Demonstrates organizational and planning capabilities.
Demonstrated track record of success delivering presentations and proposals
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Collaborative team player.