The Developer Productivity group at Stripe builds the platforms and frameworks that provide engineers with the best-in-class language, architecture and tooling with the aim to enable high productivity. We're a group of internally focused infrastructure engineers whose customers are all of Stripe engineering.
The group covers the entire development cycle from development environments, documentation, source control, platform infrastructure, testing and builds.We're looking for a manager to staff and lead the Build team based in Seattle. This is a new team to be seeded from Stripes who have worked on builds within other teams. The area of focus is to standardize infrastructure around Bazel to ensure fast, reliable, repeatable builds across all of Stripe's development stacks.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority
- Empower the team to solve problems for fellow Stripe engineers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short term workarounds and long termsolutions
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe's recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance and accommodate competing priorities
We're looking for someone who has:
- Successfully built a team, defined the mission, and achieved your goals
- Successfully recruited and retained great people to your teams
- The ability to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems
- Deeply technical ability but prefers to lean on your leadership skills
- Comfort planning in quarters and halves and also has experience planning in years
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- An excitement about collaborating with teammates across Stripe's organization