At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
Join our team and see your contributions have an immediate impact on not just the company, but the mobile ecosystem as a whole!
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll get to:
- Support and mentor a diverse group of engineers.
- Be responsible for continuously improving the productivity of your team.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt.
- Support your team during in-depth technical planning discussions with engineers, product managers, and designers by empowering them to make effective decisions.
- Remove roadblocks for your team and escalate when you need additional context or direction.
- Promote a culture of feedback and transparent communication.
- Establish measurable goals for your team's productivity and impact.
- Coordinate with other engineering managers and directors across the engineering team to help to refine requirements, architect, implement complex systems, and ultimately accomplish your projects.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years experience as an engineering manager or technical lead who has coached and mentored other engineers.
- Experience building scalable products in fast-paced environments.
- Proficiency in Java and comfortability diving into any language or technology.
- A strong ability to follow through, stay organized and juggle multiple tasks without losing track of anything.
- A keen sense of prioritization, and the ability to understand and align day-to-day priorities with larger strategic initiatives.
- A self-starter mentality in regards to ownership, accountability, initiative, and urgency.
- Great communication skills, both within and outside of the team.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment where you will bring order to chaos by identifying and solving emergent issues proactively.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.