Localytics is looking for a Engineering Manager for one of our Backend Engineering teams. Localytics has a strong engineering culture focused on giving engineers ownership and autonomy over their tasks. The individual will be our an engineering tech lead and will work with a Product Manager on building out the product roadmap for the team. Our distributed backend systems handle petabyte-scale high volume data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week supporting our products. Our clients include many of the top apps in the app-store including ESPN, The Weather Channel, Grindr, and Soundhound.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Multiple years of technical and managerial experience in developing distributed systems
- Extensive experienceworking with a JVM language
- Deep familiarity with distributed computing frameworks and large scale data systems
- Managed or lead a team through several product cycles
- Conducted architecture and design reviews
- Manage, mentor and provide career growth guidance for a team of backend engineers.
- Be a player+coach with expertise in backend engineering to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews
- Be comfortable finding the balance taking ownership of the team’s deliverables while giving the engineers the space to take ownership of their work
- Be passionate about technology and stay on top of new developments.
- Jump in and help the team deliver features when it is required
- Balance technical debt vs. feature development vs. supporting customers
- Direct hands on leader with distributed systems experience
- Are tackling some of the hardest problems in the mobile and distributed systems space
- Understand that taking proper time to design, code and test ultimately results in higher velocity.
- Invest in personal and professional development of our engineers
- Take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves seriously.