Our client is looking for a Engineering Manager for one of their teams. Our client has a strong engineering culture focused on giving engineers ownership and autonomy over their tasks. The individual will be our an engineering tech lead and will work with a Product Manager on building out the product roadmap for the team. Their distributed backend systems handle petabyte-scale high volume data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week supporting their products.
- Multiple years of technical and managerial experience in developing distributed systems
- Extensive experience working with a JVM language
- Deep familiarity with distributed computing frameworks and large scale data systems
- Experience managing or leading a team through several product cycles
- Conducted architecture and design reviews
- Manage, mentor and provide career growth guidance for a team of backend engineers.
- Be a player+coach with expertise in backend engineering to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews
- Be comfortable finding the balance taking ownership of the team’s deliverables while giving the engineers the space to take ownership of their work
- Be passionate about technology and stay on top of new developments.
- Jump in and help the team deliver features when it is required
- Balance technical debt vs. feature development vs. supporting customers
- Direct hands-on leader with distributed systems experience.