A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
- Flawlessly develop, specify, qualify, and launch new automation equipment.
- Lead sharing of best practices through Bill of Process (BOP) documentation and implementation of new technologies/processes including, but not limited to: equipment design, process parameters specification, preferred vendor selection, equipment standards list (Allen Bradley vs Siemens), lean principles in design lists (lubrication on outside vs inside), etc.
- Identify and develop process experts for core technologies: laser welding, small parts feeding, printing, molding, extrusion, etc.
- Enhance stage gate process to include key milestones for automation engineering: key steps and sign off from process experts and Automation Engineering Manager
- Develop standard acceptance criteria for new automation equipment including MQ1, MQ2, QAP, & R@R. (Length of runs, FPY, Utilization%, Labor, Scrap, Cycle time, etc.)
- Develop manufacturing system design strategy for new automation projects (material flow (delivery & storage), containerization strategy, process flow, takt time, poka yoke matrix, operator / machine balance chart, standard work documents, PM plan, spare parts list)
- Develop system to review product designs prior to release to include Design for Manufacturability (DFM) to build in lowest life cycle cost and lessons learned into new products.
- Develop Manufacturing Engineering competencies within Rain Bird Corp. focusing on capability development, mentoring, career development, and aligning the manufacturing organization to address strategic plan challenges.
- Collaborate with Project Mgmt, SBU Engineering and Operations to launch new equipment.
- Work as a team player with other functional departments and plants within the organization.
- BS in Engineering.
- Previous experience as a Manager.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical skills.
- Five years of experience in engineering management, including demonstrated knowledge of new equipment launches and lean manufacturing principles.
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving excellent results.
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Experience in a seasonal business and high volume manufacturing.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish.