We are looking for an Application Security Engineering Manager reporting to the Head Of Security to join us in building secure and private applications for our users! If you are an Engineering Manager with a passion for security and privacy, a deep sense of curiosity, and an endless desire to improve Discord for our users, read on!
What you'll be doing
- Recruit and lead a team of security engineers who will build and implement application security tools and services, perform secure design reviews and threat modeling, and provide guidance on secure development at Discord.
- Secure our code and development process from laptop to production.
- Scale detection and remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- Work with other Discord teams to limit security exposure to our users, while also shaking out security bugs before they enter production.
- Partner with Discord's product management teams to champion new security features for our users.
What you should have:
- You have 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager and have managed a team of 3+ Security Engineers.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Security Engineer working on systems with millions of users.
- You have experience programming in at least one general purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Rust, Go).
- You have experience with tools used to automate vulnerability discovery and remediation.
- You have experience operating in cloud-based environments (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other platforms is ok too).
- You have experience with container orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes).
- You are comfortable writing the roadmap - not just following one.
- Working knowledge of modern and frequently used cryptographic primitives.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Familiar with common application vulnerabilities on the platforms Discord ships on (that's all of them).