The Analytics Products team seeks to empower every employee at Airbnb to make data-informed decisions. We build the data visualization and discovery products used by thousands of employees across engineering, data science, product, design, finance, customer service, and Airbnb executive staff.
The cornerstone of our technology stack is Superset, an open source Apache incubator project for self-service data visualization. Started at Airbnb in 2015, Superset has grown to encompass thousands of dashboards within the company, been adopted by hundreds of peer organizations and external collaborators, and amassed over 18,000 GitHub stars. This success has brought new challenges, as we work to accommodate the exponential growth of use cases and data volumes.
Other projects on the team include Dataportal, Airbnb’s discovery tool and search engine for internal data; advanced data visualization products for search ranking, fraud detection, host success, and machine learning model analysis; and reusable visualization components that power data product features on airbnb.com.
As Engineering Manager for the team, you will:
- Manage the continued success of the most successful open source project in Airbnb history
- Lead the evolution of Superset onto a more scalable technology stack, leveraging cutting-edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Apache Druid, and React/ES6
- Partner with peer organizations in the technology industry to champion Superset across the open source community
For this role, we value engineering managers who have:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience, including 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience (required)
- A demonstrated passion for building analytics technologies that empower organizations with data
- Experience with data visualization and/or full-stack development
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, data-intensive applications
- Actively mentored team members in their careers
- Experience setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...