Regal Professional Services is currently hiring for an Engineering Manager/ Manufacturing Manager for a client company that is locate in Alvarado, TX area (zip code 76009).
Our client is the largest company, most diverse pressure pipe provider in North America. They currently have 1st shift 7am-5pm and the starting salary is negotiable depending on experience. Please review the job description below for your reference.
Engineering Manager/ Manufacturing Manager Summary/Objective:
The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs the engineering department to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Negotiates with potential clients, and analyzes and evaluates suppliers' bids, tenders, proposals, or quotations to meet the organization's standards of price, quality, and timing.
Engineering Manager/ Manufacturing Manager Essential Functions:
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
- Directs preparation of accounting records for budgetary, production efficiency or other such purposes.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization; monitors the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Engineering Manager/ Manufacturing Manager Competencies:
- Project Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management.
- Time Management.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Travel May need 20% Travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or related field
- Current Certified Professional Engineer (CPE)
- Current American Society of Professional Engineers (ASPE) member
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience
- A minimum of five (5) years managing an engineering department
- A minimum of five (5) years working in a manufacturing environment.
Required licenses or certifications:
If you possess the Engineering Manager/ Manufacturing Manager experience outlined above and would be interested in applying, please let me know and I can call you to discuss next steps.