Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Engineering Manager reports to the Project Director and is responsible for assuring that the overall design of the Project is consistent with the Albemarle quality and technical requirements. For each individual project development the roll will work under the direction and in collaboration with the assigned Study manager to ensure alignment to the overall business requirement.
This role shall serve as the primary technical interface with the EPC/EPCM contractor’s engineering organization for the development of the technical solution and alignment with the Albemarle engineering and technical standards.
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle safety standards throughout Project execution
- Assist in developing and conveying the unique safety culture of the plant, with the new systems developed, to contractors and vendors with the goal of zero harm (or other similar protocols)
- Ensure that Corporate Technical Policies and Standards, relevant directives and lessons learned are being considered in the design
- Must work collaboratively with both the Albemarle Project team and EPC/EPCM discipline leads
- Assist in development of the Project design scope of work and services
- Will be a gatekeeper for change management and assist in mitigation any impacts to cost and schedule
- Assist in the development of the integrated Project schedule and change management/ mitigation
- Assist with development and implementation of the Project Execution Strategy for design, procurement, and construction
- Provide input in selection of Contractors responsible for each stage of Project Execution
- Assist with the development of appropriate Project specific Procedures, Standards, and Guidelines
- Assist to ensure the overall quality of the Project in terms of design, materials, fabrication, and construction and for assuring compliance with all Engineering Standards, Guidelines, and Procedures
- Ensure work processes interfacing between the EPC/EPCM and Albemarle which affect quality are designed for efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor NCR logs of all Contractors and Vendors, and surveillance reports for problems/trends
- Monitor contractor’s RFQs/POs for incorporation of owner quality requirements
- Provide oversight of document management system and ensure that prudent document controls procedures are in place and being followed
- Monitor contractor documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Assure that all engineering documentation is complete, accurate, and meets Albemarle requirements
- Assist with preparation of Project related items required for funding requests
- Approve scope change requests in accordance with the delegation of authority
- Review and approve Engineering Change Orders in accordance with the delegation of authority
- Assist with ensuring appropriate Value Engineering, Constructability, and Risk Reviews are performed and maintenance of the Risks and Opportunities Register
- Review purchasing bid tabs and approve award of all purchase orders and contracts in accordance with the delegation of authority
- Review technical options to assess technical and construction aspects of same
- Ensure that Contractor collects, publishes, and integrates all Albemarle document deliverables comments
- Participate in HAZOP’s and assure resolution of the HAZOP items
- Assure the close out of all HAZOP comments prior to commissioning and startup
- Assure Project Team approval for Design Basis
- Assure Project Team Review and sign-off of Process Change Authorization (PCA) documentation
- Coordinate with Construction Manager to resolve design conflicts
- Assist in ensuring that all field construction documentation is complete, accurate, and meets Plant requirements
- Assist in ensuring that any Project deficiencies identified by Plant during commissioning and start-up are corrected
- Assist in preparation of the Project Close Out Report, including Lessons Learned
- Assist in identification of project deficiencies for Project Team correction, participating in de-bottle necking studies for future construction and commissioning
- Coordinate resource requirements and project execution with other project activities to ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Identify opportunity for improvement and develop solutions that improve the efficiency, quality, schedule, or reduce TIC
Work Experience Requirements
- Work experience 10+ years
- Previous global experience of engineering, mining and construction
- Previous work experience in Major Project development and execution circa >US$250M execution cost
- Previous experience in mining and mineral processing technologies
- Willingness to transition to site for execution and final engineering stages of the project.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.