Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize how people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it’s electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager, Advanced Driving Assistance Systems to join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility. This role reports to the Chief Engineer. A successful candidate will continuously innovate and find ways to efficiently deliver on the goals set for our engineering team.
- Experienced system development within Autonomy Levels 1, 2, 3 inclusive of Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Indicators and Collision Avoidance Capabilities.
- Responsible for ADAS/AD Systems Development and full vehicle Integration.
- Lead system and vehicle level verification and validation activities inclusive of DVP&R and DFMEA’s.
- Work with Supplier to coordinate Software releases & follow up on Software issues.
- Design, develop and validate test procedures for ADAS systems.
- Effectively manages documentation of test reports to communicate all data throughout vehicle production teams.
- Work with internal teams and external governing bodies to develop standards for validating vehicle performance.
- Work with external partners and test facilities to organize and direct off-site vehicle testing.
- Develops Assistance Systems and Vehicle Dynamics for current and future vehicle models.
- Guide and support the creation of in-house best practices. Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of operating procedures.
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of engineers providing leadership and guidance.
- Conducts performance management and sets goals with their team members.
- Establish a level of accountability within their team, through empowering and establishing clear responsibilities.
- Displays dedication, time management, cadence and effectively elevates their team when needed.
- Assists with recruiting and building an effective engineering team.
- Other duties as occasionally required by company leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent education) is required.
- A Professional Engineering (P.Eng) or equivalent designation is considered an asset.
- 15+ plus years of engineering experience is required for this role.
- 8+ years of experience with ADAS testing (automotive preferred) is required.
- 5+ years of management & leadership experience is required.
- High Level of Computer Literacy (including spreadsheets).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Team player – exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Innovative and creative – loves building in the abstract and working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements. Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in the United States of America.