Tableau introduced power of visual analytics to the world making it the de-facto analytics standard in the enterprise. The Admin Experience team is building services and experiences which empower site administrators to manage and scale Tableau in the enterprise. This includes driving our role-based pricing area, a new offering that is playing a critical part in Tableau's growth. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the architecture and vision of these systems. You will lead a team of engineers who work across our server and online platforms to deliver the next generation of these technologies. This will require a data-informed approach where impact of change is measured, analyzed and fed into the next change creating ever improving experience for our users. This vision is bold and daunting, and we are looking for an Engineering Leader to join us as we embark on the next phase.
As the Engineering Manager of the Admin Experience team, you'll…
- Own the end to end delivery and timeline of features on Tableau Online including design, development and test.
- Engage with internal stakeholders about the state of features and Tableau Online infrastructure
- Communicate with team members and other developers on a technical level about their work.
- Ensure members of your team have what they need to succeed, from hardware to software to advice and/or assistance from other engineers.
- Mentor and coach your team members individually with the right balance of direction and support.
- Recruit and continue to grow our team by hiring folks who are smart, talented, and a pleasure to work with.
- Engage with the infrastructure team to develop web-scale infrastructure as the product scales to millions of users and views.
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 10+ years of experience writing code with object oriented languages like Java, 3+ years managing engineers, and a proven track record of shipping software. You have management experience working with senior teams.
- Technical. You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You're familiar with services and different service oriented architectures.
- Passionate. You have a passion for building features that resonate with users on large web scale infrastructure that "just works".
- Relentlessly High Standards. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that are robust, scalable, and performs well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
- Leader. You have the drive and ability to get things done in an innovative and fast paced environment. You manage in order to support others to higher heights.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!