What We Are Looking For
The Advertising Technology group at MobilityWare is building a suite of client and server technologies to deliver advertising to our huge audience of engaged players worldwide. Your job will be to lead the charge on the server side to build, deploy, and maintain our proprietary ad service technology.
We are looking for a highly creative, organized and talented software developer with incredible interpersonal skills and the programming experience to match. We need a server ninja and it could be you!
This role will report to the Director of Engineering for Platform & Tools.
What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of web, mobile SDK, and services engineers both onsite and offsite
- Be or become an expert in advertising related technologies
- Work with the Product Manager and other team members to design solutions to business problems.
- Instill and maintain quality engineering practices
- Monitor, maintain, and support live services
- Ensure that systems designed and developed meet and/or exceed expectations on scalability, execution speed, reliability and quality.
- Proactively support production systems.
- Handle multiple projects at the same times
What You Should Have
- Prior experience as a Lead or Manager (preferred) of full-stack engineering team.
- Expert in Java services stack. The current application is a Tomcat application built in an RPC style. The UX is constructed in JSP. Prefer a polyglot with high level of skill in at least one additional mature server language and associated tools (.NET, Python, Scala, etc) and familiarity with several.
- Prefer someone with prior knowledge and experience in advertising technology.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, or technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years working in software engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years working on or with services.
- Strong OO design skills and ability to apply those skills to service design at multiple layers from RESTful interface definition to relational and document-oriented storage design.
- Strong knowledge of principles of server architectures including DNS, load balancing, virtualization, disaster recovery and failover, database and service sharding, backups, monitoring, and alerting.
- Strong knowledge of SOA design including service partitioning, messaging, discovery, and orchestration.
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Knowledge of and desire to partner with DevOps to design, deploy, and support a full-stack service solution in the cloud. Bonus points for wizardry with Docker, container orchestration such as Kubernetes, and cloud tooling especially AWS.
- Bonus points for knowledge of and interest in client technologies including web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and game client technologies (iOS, Android, Unity).
- Familiarity with open source development methodologies. Bonus points for ideas about how these techniques could be applied for internally developed tools and libraries.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility