Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? Does leading a global, dynamic, and growing data engineering team energize you?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will drive the innovation and scale of the advertising data platform for Expedia Group Media Solutions. Your mission will be to leverage data technology to power a vibrant advertising marketplace, an insight driven sales and marketing workforce, and personalized and targeted ad content for our customers. From strategy, to technical design, to execution, and optimization – your role is to deliver a premier suite of data products & services that will delight our advertisers and customers, while creating a working environment where top technical talent will thrive.
Successful team members in Media Solutions are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment. We understand and embody the 'One Team' philosophy and always strive to model the Expedia Group principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations. We are committed to a growth mindset and learning.
- You will develop and maintain a long-term vision and technical roadmap for the Advertising Data Platform
- You will facilitate prioritization of initiatives with product owners and stakeholders, efficiently allocate team resources, and lead the team through fast-paced development cycles
- You will engage with analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, and business teams across the organization, fostering collaboration and alignment on data solutions
- You will participate in and lead design and architecture reviews, handle production incidents, run code reviews and delivery high quality data pipelines and products
- You will contribute to the creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, promoting a commitment to automation, agile, lean-startup, continuous delivery
- You will drive and maintain high standards of data platform availability, monitoring, quality and performance
- You will develop a high-performing team of data engineers, employing effective practices in training, coaching and recruiting to nurture and grow top talent
- MS/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development and 2+ years of technical leadership role developing high-performing teams
- Expertise in working with Relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience working with big data (Hive/Hadoop/Qubole), distributed data systems, batch and streaming data applications including data storage, processing (ETL), management and analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge in data architecture patterns including modeling, metadata management, streams, persistence, enrichment and access
- Experience delivering data solutions in the cloud including Amazon AWS and related data technologies, services and third-party tools
- Expertise employing Agile delivery methodologies, DevOps and matrixed organizational models
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical project and details in business-friendly terms to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience managing globally distributed teams comprised of full-time staff and vendors
- Experience working in an ecommerce, platform, media and/or marketing business highly desired