Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Electrification business (EL) is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
Under the authority of the Operations Manager, manage a team of designers/engineers to deliver high quality, cost effectives and timely engineering solutions to customers. Formulate plan, allocate resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets. Ensure team's compliance with standard processes, procedures, practices and safety requirements. Act as the senior engineer for major project and give technical support to the team. Provides engineering support during the bid phase.
The team is working on ELDS project including traction power equipment (Convert MV AC power to LV DC power, DC Distribution and protection, Storage DC energy), switch gear, MCC and all others distribution solutions. Your responsibilities
- Defines and ensures implementation of operating guidelines for the teams
- Drives team performance to ensure that deliverables are meet on time as per the contract, safety and quality requirements.
- Oversees progress within own area of responsibility, identifies and manage technical issues.
- Ensures delivery of technical solutions according to customer requirements
- Provides engineering support during the bid phase, ensures that the resources required to deliver the solutions are correctly accounted.
- Oversees contractual work within own area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contractual risks.
- Ensures that the engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs.
- Assign tasks within the engineering team, defines relevant performance metrics.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution
- Facilitates best practice sharing within the engineering team.
- Develops and drives continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures and effectiveness within one's area of responsibility.
- Guides, motivates, coaches and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies
- Responsible of the personnel performance (PDA) and salary management
More about us
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with 7-10 years of experience
- Proven people leadership experience
- Drafting capabilities using Autocad standard and/or Zuken E3, an asset
- Knowledge on Direct Current Equipments i.e. Diode rectifiers, Low voltage DC Breakers
- Knowledge of Traction Power transformers (MV to LV),
- Knowledge of IEEE/CSA for electrical equipment (Transformer, Traction Power Rectifiers, Switchgear, Power Circuit Breaker Switchgear, Emergency and Standby Power System.
- Electrical Canadian Code CSA C221
- Experience with RAMS documentation (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety)
- Experience with EMI/EMC testing
- Experience with coordination studies
- Member of OIQ
- French/English Bilingualism mandatory
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.