The Process Engineering group at Skyworks in Woburn, Massachusetts is responsible for developing and supporting all wafer fabrication processes used to produce Skyworks’ diverse portfolio of products. The primary device technologies include HBT, GaN, BiFET, pHEMT and BiHEMT at various performance nodes. The group works closely with the Advanced Technology Development team to develop technologies and with the Manufacturing Operations team to deliver world-class quality products to market.
- Fill the role of lead engineer for a group of process engineers/technicians in the Thin Films area, which is responsible for the deposition of metal and dielectric thin films, plus ion implantation and thermal processes.
- Support daily production to ensure on-time-delivery of top quality product. Occasionally requires leading a team to rapidly contain yield/quality excursions and drive corrective actions.
- Support Advanced Technology Development projects to achieve site and corporate objectives.
- Lead the group to pursue continuous improvement opportunities affecting key metrics. Includes applying solutions systemically to leverage improvements for maximum benefit.
- Participate in staffing planning/decisions to ensure long-term site and corporate objectives.
- Support professional development of the individuals in the group to stay in tune with industry trends, extend the state of the art and enhance the group’s technical depth and breadth.
- Build teamwork and cohesiveness within the group, and champion collaboration between engineering groups to improve the wellbeing and performance of the overall organization.
- Work with Operations synergistically, following a “work cell” model, to optimize the overall performance of the Thin Films area and enhance the skills/knowledge of Operations personnel.
Qualifications - Must Have
- At a minimum, a BS in engineering, physics, chemistry, material science or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in micro-electronics process engineering with primary experience in thin film deposition processes (e.g. PECVD, e-beam evaporation and DC/RF sputtering). Additionally, knowledge/experience in thermal processes and/or ion implantation is desirable.
- Metrics driven, data directed, detail oriented and very strong in core engineering principles.
- History of successfully leading teams to 1) continuously improve process control and 2) rapidly contain yield/quality excursions, identify root causes and implement effective corrective actions.
- Expert level knowledge and practical experience applying SPC, DOE, MSA and ANOVA.
- Excellent verbal and written “360 degree” communication skills.
- Initiative to address and appropriately escalate problems to achieve rapid resolution.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering peer groups to influence change and drive improvements in a dynamic and collaborative environment that values lasting results.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cleanroom semiconductor processing environment.
- Ability to work with other engineering resources across various shifts.
- U.S. citizenship or a “green card holder”.
Qualifications - Desirable
- An ideal candidate will have a broad background in materials, plus a basic understanding of epitaxial growth, HBT/HEMT device physics and common PCM test structures and parameters.
- An insatiable desire to understand cause and effect, and the mechanisms that connect them.
- Expert level knowledge and practical experience applying structured problem solving methods (e.g. 6-Step, Shainin or Six Sigma) to identify and control or eliminate root causes of variation.
- Expert level data analysis skills using tools such as JMP, Exensio/Spotfire or dataPower.
- Ideally, an advanced knowledge of Lean and the Theory of Constraints.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.