- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ yrs. of experience designing and optimizing a VDI environment similar to that of the current ARNG NCR DOIM environment
- IAM or IAT Level III certification
- ITIL v3 Foundations or other ITIL certification
- U.S. Citizen
- Top Secret or higher level security clearance
The Engineering Lead is responsible for all technical design efforts related to implementing or improving ARNG NCR DOIM IT services and support, designs and plans for network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for networkarchitecture. Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.