The role requires technology experience and skills in one or more development platforms/business applications such as: .NET, InfoLease, Rapport, Vertex, etc. Strong candidates will also have experience with other industry specific custom Applications, related development frameworks, and technologies. Finally, the Engineering Lead will have broad understanding of lending and leasing business functions and processes. This role defines and promotes the adoption of best practices, provides consultative guidance and recommends pragmatic solutions to solve complex business requirements.
In this role you will be part of the team that is responsible for delivering loan and lease lifecycle focused products and innovative solutions. The various initiatives for the team affect multiple business units, large end-user populations, portfolio and contract management, and other areas of solution delivery within the organization. As such, this position is critical to ensuring the appropriate stakeholders are engaged in evaluating the optimal solution design to meet our complex business needs. The position requires someone with excellent communications skills (verbal and written), the ability to manage multiple requirements with various levels of definition, and the desire to effectively work with disparate teams throughout a diverse business community.
This position requires extensive knowledge of SAFe/scrum/agile methodology and framework. The knowledge of IT processes and supporting technologies, and how these technologies integrate within projects and the existing environments is a must.
Day to Day:
- Lead the definition, architecture design, development, testing, delivery & support of business applications using one or more of development platforms/applications such as InfoLease, Rapport, and other Industry specific custom Applications, frameworks, technologies.
- Work as a lead member of the Solution Architecture and Engineering team driving decisions on Business applications and components required for the generation of business value
- Hands-on member of the Agile team to architect, design, develop and test software applications
- Validate that technical solutions can be practically executed, properly integrate with the existing application portfolio, and coordinate with enterprise strategies and roadmaps
- Partner with Product Owners and other cross-functional development teams to support business value delivery
- Hands-on member of the Agile team to drive innovation and continuous improvement via participation in agile development process
- Solve complex business issues through the application of innovative technical solutions for escalated and high priority issues
- Plan and integrate the work activities of virtual IT teams
- Partner with Business and IT leaders to convert needs into outcomes
- Coach and mentor team members for career development and ensure an engaged and motivated work environment
- Enable organizational success through an Agile operating model transformation
- Drive implementation of innovative solutions, development standards, IT processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to improve IT delivery Process and Automation
- Ensure Business Continuity and Risk Management practices are followed
“Our values are not imposed from the top, but built by the members themselves.”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience in one or more development platforms/applications, industry specific custom applications, and other development frameworks & technologies.
- Ability to provide technical leadership across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Ability to lead technology teams of 5-15 members with diverse technology experience and skills
- Work in conjunction with Team to size, manage scope and risk
- Successful track record of IT project delivery and lifecycle management with demonstrated business results
- 5+ years of experience within the financial services and/or leasing industry highly desirable
- Deep understanding of enterprise software patterns and how they may be leveraged with diverse technology solutions
- Excellent team player with proven ability to influence
- Highly adaptable to a changing environment
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to team development
- Able to give and receive open, honest feedback and to foster an open and inclusive environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of DevOps and Cloud native applications desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Possible Travel (10%)