The Colleague Technology Services Engineering Manager performs a critical role in defining and implementing the end user delivery strategy. This is a senior role within the Colleague Technology Services department and offers the opportunity to lead the evolution of end user computing technology across the enterprise. Leads the design and build of detailed infrastructure solutions/repeatable patterns (build-kits) for non-production and production environments; transitioning knowledge to infrastructure operations; and lead level 3 support.
Reporting to the Director of Colleague Technology, you will build partnerships with the enterprise IT and architecture team, the user community and external partners. This position manages full time and contractor engineering staff delivering our project and business-as-usual portfolio. The principal peers of this role are the Colleague Technologyarchitecture lead, platform and endpoint service delivery managers, service desk management, and governance and risk management.
The ideal candidate is an expert IT end user engineer and strong leader who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a standard end user delivery model. The Colleague Technology Engineering Manager applies this expertise across all aspects of the end user service design framework to deliver a superior colleague experience which is scalable, sustainable and supportable.
Technology Scope of Position
End user compute, collaboration, and directory services domains. Microsoft and Apple operating systems. Devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile phones, printers, collaboration systems, and peripherals. Platform applications and management tools for mobile/traditional device, image and configuration management; security; virtual computing; application and device inventory and lifecycle; monitoring, alerting and reporting; enterprise and Internet messaging; unified collaboration and communication; web collaboration and document management; directory services; identity federation; remote access; group policy.
• Direct a team of full-time and contractor engineers and analysts to design and deliver technology solutions across the array of colleague technology.
• Contributor to the Colleague Technology stakeholder workgroup to design and deliver a strategic technology roadmap with a time horizon of 3+ years. Accountable for compliant, scalable, supportable design of short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives of the roadmap, and transition to operations.
• Closely partner with peers to ensure colleague experience and service design best practices are delivered across the plan/build/run/refresh/retire lifecycle.
• Partner with finance, sourcing, risk, legal to create RFI/RFP, master services agreements, statements of work, and other formal contract documents.
• Provide input and/or direct teammates handling critical incidents, outages and root cause analysis.
• Maintain currency in end user market trends and participate in industry workgroups as needed.
New England region preferred. Flex work allowed. Remote (eastern US)
• 7+ years proven leadership, multi-level team management and development skills with ability to introduce new end user computing delivery solutions, drive issues to completion, delegate and prioritize multiple projects at the same time with competitive needs and milestones with minimal supervision, often on technically ambiguous initiatives. Experience building new teams a plus.
• 7+ years experience in infrastructure and end user application design in geographically distributed organizations at scale. Experience in regulated industries a plus.
• Knowledge of IT delivery and governance frameworks and tools such as UML, ITIL, COBIT, Six Sigma. Technical certifications are a plus.
• Knowledge of Internet, data security, and industry standards and best practices within the technology scope of position, as well as supporting infrastructure such as networking, database, storage, disaster recovery, business resiliency, and server systems.
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation abilities with proficiency in English.
• Ability to interact with executive management in formal and informal situations in a highly professional manner.
• Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline.
Hours & Work ScheduleHours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-FWhy Work with UsAt Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of asupportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranIt is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategoryprotected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania