United States of AmericaLocation:
HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
The Cargo Software IPT Lead will be accountable for Project Management and Technical Product Development within the Engineering organization. The IPT Lead has the overall control system product leadership, including hardware, software and systems on Cargo System NPI programs. The IPT Lead is the focal point for the Program Office and the Customer. The IPT Lead is accountable for performance of the engineering team to program requirements, including technical requirements compliance, quality, schedule/delivery and cost targets that have been agreed to with the customer.
The IPT lead should have a thorough understanding of the product life cycle and leading a multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills; work well in a team environment; and work well leading a team. The IPT Lead will work with a global team of engineers within the greater Collins Aerospace organization, on electronic control units for aerospace applications and products.Primary Responsibilities:
The IPT Lead has ownership of the assigned component/system throughout the design, development and test phases.
- Scope Management
- Coordinating Status / Progress
- Taking in customer requests and determining path forward (proceed or not)
- Action Item tracking
- Schedule / Risk / Opportunity Tracking with team
- Lead Scrum of Scrums Meetings
- Ensure schedule/risk/opportunity meeting cadence and effective monitoring of progress and action item closure
- Integrated Master Schedule tracking and adherence
- SDRL (Supplier Document Requirement List) tracking
- Key Performance Metrics / Indicators
- Plan and coordinate the usage of IPD team resources to meet program cost and schedule objectives within the framework of Standard Work.
- Implement methods to effectively utilize domestic and foreign outsourced labor to achieve business unit goals.
- Ensuring that the engineering team has the right skills and number of resources
- Coordinate the joint team of Collins engineers, GEC-India engineers, contractors, and customer engineers
- Executive meeting preparation and presenting in the meetings
- Implement Project Engineering best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
- Work collaboratively with other Engineering disciplines, Programs, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain to achieve optimal design solutions and project execution.
- Work closely with Program Managers, Chiefs, Fellows and others to ensure customer satisfaction through careful planning, staffing and execution of project.
- Leadership of a cross-functional team, including the following sub-teams (with representation from the following groups): Software Planning & Development, Software Verification team, HW Design team, Systems Verification Team, Test Equipment, Quality, Discipline Chiefs and BU Technical Fellows (as required)
Typical IPT Lead responsibilities include:
- Providing program leadership and communications
- Driving performance of the integrated product team to a plan
- Delivering to the cost and schedule commitments. An understanding of EVMS
- Establishing customer delivery targets
- Conducting periodic internal and customer reviews
- Delivering all program hardware, software, and data items
- Ensuring that all technical and program requirements are met and/or agreed to with the customer
- Closing gaps between scope and budget
- Providing functionally oriented training as needed
- Assigning appropriately trained individuals with requisite talent and skills to the IPT
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team through the product development and lifecycle
- Experience with ARP4754, DO-254, and DO-178
- Experience with cost & schedule integration
- Product Life Cycle Knowledge including Systems, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical disciplines
- Proficient-level skills with Microsoft Project 2013 and MS Excel
- Critical Path Analysis (CPA)
- Planning arbitration and adjudication within the IPT
- Recovery planning and workaround facilitation
- Managing multiple schedules in parallel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance,critical illnessinsurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms