Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
- Work Location: Kinston, NC Relocation available for hired candidates. 30-40 minutes from Greenville, NC, or New Bern NC about 50 minutes from coastal living.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel and optimization of product flow.
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. Based on these studies, develops, and implements optimized product flow.
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Develops and provides time standards to the shop floor as well as standard work for operations and processes.
- Utilizes analytical skills for capacity analysis, tool, and equipment utilization as well as line balancing.
- Performs trend analysis of shop performance measures to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Requires educational credentials meeting the Spirit classification standards for engineers and typically 5 to 8 years' experience in an engineering classification / position OR a Master’s degree and typically 3 to 6 years' experience in an engineering classification / position OR a PhD or JD and typically 0 to 3 years' experience in an engineering classification / position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or other related course of study from an ABET accredited University
- Experience in an Aircraft or Aerospace Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of IE tools used in production i.e.: capacity analysis, facility layout, and production improvements
- Microsoft Office - advanced skill level
- SAP - advanced knowledge and skillset