The Stripe Education team’s mission is all about amplifying each Stripe’s growth, agility, and leadership within a rigorous, collaborative environment. The EngineeringEducation Manager will lead and grow a team dedicated to supporting Stripe’s technical expertise and furthering Stripe’s mission of growing the GDP of the internet.
As the first hire at Stripe to lead the global engineeringeducation strategy, the EngineeringEducation Manager will have the opportunity to set the stage for what technical education looks like for the company and align learning strategy to the company operating principles and business goals.
- Build and act upon a vision that increases Stripe engineering excellence (identifying the learning needs and actively working to increase efficiency, expertise, and impact)
- Build and execute learning strategies that support Stripe engineering and the technical literacy of non-technical Stripes. An example lies in helping user operations team members increase their technical acumen
- Consider how we also work with the larger developer community in engineeringeducation
- Manage and grow a team dedicated to the engineering and technical areas of the business
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience working in a combination of engineering and educational roles
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to teach complex systems effectively
- Strong collaboration and consultation skills
- The ability to navigate an array of educational roles (from consultation, to learning design, to facilitation)
- A high threshold for navigating ambiguity and building effective solutions that scale
Nice to have(s):
- People management experience
- An advanced degree or certificate in an educational arena
- Working withengineering leadership teams