Engineering Director; Electronics Software & Hardware
(Global Tier 1 Automotive)
The Director of ElectricalEngineering is a key member of the regional Engineering Management Team. The position will be responsible for the day to day management and technical leadership of the electricalengineering department including new development projects and production projects. The position will be responsible for leading and improving the technical strength of the electricalengineering department thus ensuring robust designs and processes are in place to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations.
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, the Director of ElectricalEngineering will work closely with the Chief Engineer to cultivate a culture and department performance that will allow the organization to grow and sustain a competitive advantage in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
* Oversee and manage the day to day project development activities, ensuring projects are delivered on-time and within project budgets.
* Actively participate and integrate with the NA engineering department to ensure annual goals and objectives are realized.
* Effectively manage the development and the capabilities of employees in either a technical or managerial role within the organization.
* Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner and with a cost effective solution.
* Defines a sustainable competitive advantage that exceeds internal and external customer expectations.
* Support the selection and development of key electrical suppliers.
* Focuses on robust designs that result in lower overall life cycle costs and reduced warranty.
* Manages the development and growth of the overall engineering department through recruiting, onboarding, training, career development and succession planning.
* Ensures that work and component standards are followed at all times including adherence to the Product Realization Plan or PRP.
* Works closely with global colleagues on technical council objectives that improve our overall technical capabilities.
Directly supervises the employees in the ElectricalEngineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws.
TS 16949RESPONSIBILITIES The TS 16949responsibilities listed below are required for this position. Otherresponsibilities may be added, with or without notice in writing, at any time.
Adhere to all TS 16949 procedures as related to the Product Engineering Department function.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have strong product technical experience designing, developing and launching electrical and mechatronic type assemblies for automobiles and light trucks.
Experience with in-house software design.
Experience with in-house hardware design.
Experience with supplier audit and formal problem solving.
* Must be able to act as the * go to person* for all technical issues related to the electricalengineering disciplines that report to this position.
* Proven capabilities to be an effective communicator, bridge builder and problem solver internally and externally in front of customers.
* The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent problem solving skills to analyze, solve and drive problems to resolution with a sense of urgency.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
* High personal and moral integrity that align with the company* s values.
* Must be able to travel regionally and globally when required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelordegree in ELECTRICALEngineering from an accredited university.
Ten to fifteen years of engineering management experience with managing managers (people, equipment, resources and budget).
MBA or advanced technical degree a plus.
Automotive and light truck experience at a Tier 1 supplier to the industry.
Our client is open to considering a current Engineering Manager that is ready for the step up to DIR level.