We are looking for an experienced Product Development Engineering Manager, who will lead and mentor our new Product Design Engineering group of 7. The work scope covers the spectrum from pre-RFQ efforts through full qualification status. Additionally, he will have responsibility to lead product development activity to position the company for supporting our customers future needs. The Manager will assign personnel; review work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; and support problem resolution.
- Support the implementation of a New Product Introduction process
- Maintain design work flow by reviewing program status, requirements, and leading team meetings.
- Maintain design and test records as appropriate for customers, quality and personnel.
- Review engineering product drawings as part of the design review process.
- Lead Engineering on continuous improvement efforts to increase our design efficiency.
- Resolves personnel problems through effective inter-personal communications by analyzing situations, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action to management.
- Monitor employee productivity, quality, time and attendance.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation with staff members and the management team.
- Contirubute to the development of the sites future activities and NPI development.
- Engineering degree required (Mechanical or Aerospace desired).
- 8 years of experience in a product design role in a manufacturing environment, aerospace prefurred
- Last 3 to 5 years in a supervision or managerial position.
- Experience with fluid dynamic and thermodynamic analysis.
- Experience with Aerospace New Product Introduction design, analysis, and test processes.
- Familiarity with FEA and CFD analysis.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment in a self-directed manner and complete projects on time.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally (customers, suppliers, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, influence, rationale, and diplomacy.
- Foster a collaborative team environment with open communication, identifying problems and establishing resolutions.
- Strong willingness to wear multiple hats and a "Do whatever it takes" type of attitude; written and verbal communication skills; and desire and ability to learn.