11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
This position reports to the CEO/President. Candidates must possess a strong understanding of electromechanical motion products with a find attention to detail. Hands-on Prototype development and assembly capabilities are required. The ability to develop test programs for new or existing products is required. Understanding of the dynamics of motion and a fundamental knowledge of precision Power Transmission components will also be expected. The candidate will have the ability to develop new and unique products by working directly with customers, management, or sales engineers. Must also have the ability to guide others in the development and test of product.
- Oversee and/or create accurate design proposals for new and modified products through life cycle using strong management and math skills.
- Oversee the creation of clear and accurate documentation for manufacturing, including detail and assembly drawings. Insure drawings are to ANSI standards.
- Oversee and/or create test fixtures and test protocols to insure customer requirements are met while insuring manufacturability and cost controls.
- Design assembly test and fixtures and coordinate with sales and manufacturing to insure customer requirements are met.
- Oversee prototype and first time manufacture of their designs to insure customer satisfaction.
- Work with purchasing and manufacturing to source vendors for outside purchase of components.
- Assist customers and vendors to resolve questions and problems with designs and drawings.
- Coordinate with inside and outside sales to insure customer satisfaction and accuracy of documentation.
- Work with assembly and manufacturing to trouble shoot and resolve design and manufacturing issues and police documentation changes.
- Travel, as required, to support business goals and technical sales force.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS required
- Strong mechanicalexperience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical design creativity and pragmatic, problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership of a project with demonstrated project managements skills.
- Sound understanding of the technology of gears and motion mechanisms.
- CAD and design experience
- Sound knowledge of GD&T and ANSI standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical power transmission and motion control components.
- Understanding of machine shop practices.
- Hands-on experience in the design, development, and assembly of complex prototype designs.
- Ability to multi-task in an accurate, timely, and organized fashion.
- Ability to conduct structured and in-depth failure analysis and to present detailed and professional reports.
- 10+ years hands-on management experience
- Experience in change management