What you'll be doing:
We're looking for an experienced engineering leader to drive the "top end" of our product stack - the teams delivering components of the learning experience, tools for our content creators, and front-end infrastructure. You will partner with colleagues in design and product management to lead development of world class learning experiences for learners and teachers everywhere. In this role you will report to the VP of Engineering and will build, enable, empower, and develop teams of deeply-motivated, diverse, outstanding engineers. You will partner with architects and other technical leaders in the engineering team to make sure our product architecture, performance, and quality meet the needs of our users, and that our engineers are empowered and supported with tools and processes to efficiently deliver amazing user experiences. You are a respected technical leader, a collaborative problem-solver, and you help align vision across the organization. You are passionate about delivering great learning experiences and will dive into deeply understanding pedagogy to help develop an additive point of view.
What we're looking for:
- A desire to change the world
- A strong technical leader with broad experience building and leading high-performing, passionate teams
- An outstanding track record of delivering results using awesome processes that you can teach
- The ability to motivate and grow diverse, creative, and highly skilled engineering teams
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written — a history of blogging or essay-writing is helpful
- Ability to deeply understand technical issues and influence the decision making process
- To excel at giving and receiving feedback
- Passion for helping others succeed
- At least seven years of experience managing teams of software engineers and managers
- Authorization to work in the US
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual performance incentives
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- The opportunity to even the playing field in education and serve an underserved space.